If your home in Denver, North Carolina, has leaky ducts, you’re likely wasting hundreds of dollars in energy every year. But don’t worry: There’s a solution! Read on to learn about Aeroseal duct sealing and how it benefits you.
What’s Aeroseal Duct Sealing?
Developed and patented by the United States Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, Aeroseal duct sealing is a process that helps homeowners prevent problems caused by leaking ductwork, including poor air distribution, energy waste and deteriorated indoor air quality. Since most ductwork is hidden behind walls, many problems stemming from leaky ducts go unnoticed. But you don’t have to experience those problems any longer.
Aeroseal works from inside your home. Using a non-toxic aerosol, a service technician will seal gaps and cracks to reduce more than 90 percent of leakage. As a result, you save energy. Here’s why else you might consider investing in Aeroseal duct sealing:
- Your home has rooms that are uncomfortably cold or hot.
- Your home has unusually excessive amounts of dust in it.
- You’re paying higher than normal monthly energy bills.
- Your home feels especially humid and uncomfortable.
- You notice a musty odor in your home or smell fumes.
How Does Aeroseal Duct Sealing Benefit You?
According to thee Electric Power Research Institute, between 25 and 40 percent of heating and cooling energy produced in the average home is lost through leaking ducts. Here are the biggest benefits of Aeroseal duct sealing:
- Stop air leaks and reduce energy bills by up to 50 percent.
- Improve indoor air quality by preventing unwanted air infiltration.
- Enhance comfort by eliminating hot and cold spots.
Whether you want to replace old, inefficient ducts or to invest in Aeroseal duct sealing, the HVAC professionals at Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning can help. Contact us at 704-208-4172 to improve your home’s efficiency and lower your energy bills right away.
Image provided by Thinkstock