Ductless AC units are zoned systems by design. They offer numerous advantages for Charlotte, NC homeowners over traditional central heating and air conditioning systems.
What Is Home Zoning?
Zoning lets you set temperatures throughout your home to precisely match your preferences. A central HVAC zoning control system consists of dampers installed in ductwork that direct heated or cooled air to each zone as needed. Ductless systems deliver treated air directly from the outdoor compressor unit to the indoor air handlers in each room.
How Does Ductless Home Zoning Work?
Copper refrigerant lines connect the outdoor unit to the indoor air handlers. A small incision is made in the wall for these lines. Each indoor unit has an independent thermostat that controls temperatures in the zone that the unit governs.
Benefits of a Ductless AC Installation
Ductless mini-splits are high-efficiency systems. You can cut energy costs by 30 percent or more by choosing a system with a high SEER rating. You’ll also eliminate significant energy losses from ductwork leaks. Best of all, you can stop spending money on treated air for rooms you don’t use. There’s more:
- Installation is easy and can be completed in a day or two.
- Mini-splits can be installed in one room or throughout your whole house.
- Ductless AC systems also provide heat.
- Mini-splits prevent ductwork contaminants from blowing into your living space.
- These systems feature advanced inverter technology for exceptional performance and energy efficiency.
- Ductless mini-splits come with a state-of-the-art air filtration system that delivers cleaner indoor air.
Proper sizing and meticulous workmanship are essential for proper ductless AC installation. Call Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning at (704) 285-1070. We can help you decide whether ductless home zoning would deliver the results you seek.