Your central HVAC system has many components that work together to provide you with cool or warm air. When even one of those starts to malfunction, it not only causes discomfort but also costs you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in energy waste and repairs. Since your ducts play a major role in moving conditioned air from the HVAC system into your home in Denver, North Carolina, this is where a fault can cost you the most. But with Aeroseal duct sealing, you can prevent problems from happening in your ductwork and save bundles of money in the long run.
Signs of Leaks in Your Ductwork
Leaking ducts may already be costing you money without you knowing it. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to the signs of ducts leak and call in a professional if you suspect something is amiss. Here are the most common signs:
- Rooms that are uncomfortably too hot or too cold
- Energy bills have started to increase without reason
- Excessive dust and humidity in the home
- Smell of microbial growth and worsened indoor air quality
What is Aeroseal Duct Sealing
The U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency developed the Aeroseal duct sealing process in an effort to reduce energy waste and improve indoor air quality. Most of your ductwork sits concealed behind walls and other hard-to-reach places. That’s why duct leaks can go unnoticed for so long. Using Aeroseal duct sealing, a professional can reach these spots and seal the gaps and cracks. This, as a result, reduces leakage.
Benefits of Aeroseal Duct Sealing
There are many benefits of Aeroseal duct sealing, including:
- Stop unwanted air infiltration that contains dust, dirt and other debris.
- Reduce the instance of leaks and save up to 50 percent on your energy bills.
- Improve indoor air quality and the overall comfort of your home.
Want to learn more about Aeroseal duct sealing? Contact Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning at 704-208-4172 today.
Image provided by flickr